My name is Stephanie, I was born and raised in the Netherlands. Since 2023 I live in Tromsø, where I started my practice as a healer. I passionately support people to feel vibrantly alive in their body, feeling deeply connected and empowered. Through bodywork I assist people in releasing trauma; to experience a deep body awareness and to create space for their soul energy to enter their body more deeply. I love to see people opening up!
I practice natural ways of healing through touch, healing frequencies & beauty. As a healer, I believe that true healing only happens in relationship with nature, because we are nature. Therefore I assist people in a deeper homecoming in their body: the ecosystem of our body is part of a much larger ecosystem.
Mother Earth is calling us Home
I am fascinated by the profound effects of bodywork. Each session is a deep journey into the body. Through connecting with our body and entering our heart space, we not only connect with ourselves, but with something greater. Listening to our body, to our heart, is listening to the unspoken language of Life.
Working with groups
I feel passionate about creating beautiful, safe, and sacred space where self-exploration, healing, transformation, and personal growth can take place. I feel called to gather with women in circle to connect to our inner wisdom, and to feel nourished and supported in a sisterhood. In circle we can practice ways of being in right relationship with each other and with all of life. Relationships full of compassion, love, unity, joy, reciprocity and respect: the way we naturally are. The shape of a circle supports us to practice equality and to heal from hierarchal power structures.
My personal healing journey
I see my healing journey as an ancient initiatory path. A journey inward, to remember who I truly am, allowing my divinity to rise from within. Like many before me, I was called to true healing through my wounds, struggles and challenges.
A series of events that touched me in the core of my being was the catalyst for my growth and transformation. I was facing challenges related to work and relations. I experienced burn-out: my nervous system was ‘on fire’, my body left me no other choice than to slow down, rest and regenerate. The only way to go was inward. Unprocessed emotions came to the surface, also related to the loss of my dear brother Sjoerd (1987-2005). It sometimes felt like being in a tomb, but I learned to see it as being in a womb. I knew that if I wanted to free myself from the imbalances, I had to heal the root causes of the dis-ease.
I had this deep inner knowing that a fulfilling life is possible. It motivated me to move through feelings like shame, rage, grief. Paradoxically, it was in these moments that I have experienced the purest love. I learned to hold myself and to nurture the parts of me that need it. The struggles gave me the strength to fly and have brought me where I am today. Many treasures were hidden in the shadows deep within.
I am grateful to receive all the support that is available. A source of support has been the School of Secrets, founded by medicine woman Carmen Vicente from Ecuador, where I learned through experience the power of retreat during my moon time. It has helped me to become much more attentive to the needs of my body, to honour and acknowledge the creative power of my womb, and to take care of myself first.
Body de-armouring has brought me so much as well. It reduced the tension in my body step by step, with every treatment. I started developing a deeper body awareness, feeling a deeper appreciation and gratitude for my body. It helps me to cultivate healthy boundaries and to relax. What I love about de-armouring, is that in working with the body (fascia), the nervous system and life energy it literally touches everything!
Background experience and expertise
- Bachelor of Fine art and design in education, a Bachelor of Laws, and a Bachelor of Education (teacher training)
- I have been trained in body de-armouring by dearmouring practitioner Gosse Beerda (Netherlands)
- Student of Medicine Voice, year training for alternative (sound) therapy, by sound healer Brenda Wielders (Netherlands)
- I have been trained in ‘Intuitive leadership with tuning forks’ by sound healer Brenda Wielders
- Graduate of Carmen Vicente’s School of Secrets for a female pedagogy, related to health and menstruation
- Healing the Womb (course), by Temple of Original Creation, to heal and rediscover the sanctity and power of the female body
- Sistership Circle Training ‘how to facilitate circle’ and how to be in circle
- I have been working with consent for over a decade in alternative education, childcare and art educational projects
- I have been working as a teacher, workshop facilitator and project leader of art and nature education projects in the past twelve years
- I am exploring expanded states of consciousness and I have been working with entheogens (master teacher plants) in the past three years
- Exploring and practicing sacred dance, hand drumming, shamanic journeys into nature, healing and awakening with plant spirit medicines, rituals from the rainforest & healing with plant spirits through courses by Robin Flynn, Sandra Ingerman, Banafsheh, Emma Farrell, Adriana Ayales and Christine Stevens